Friday 13 August 2010

musing.

Lately, I've had quite a lot going on and a lot to remind me of the fact i'm starting 6th form (college) in about 3 weeks. To be quite honest, it scares me... but most changes in life do. I just need to live through results day, then take stock and decide on the course my life's going to take from here...
In other news, I've also looked into getting involved with young volunteers. Now, I have never been much of a 'do-gooder' (if that's what you call it); I didn't want anything to do with scouts or brownies when I was growing up, I passed on the chance to become a counsellor for younger students and I don't really go to any 'extra-curricular' clubs or anything (much to my gran's disgust may I add), but lately I feel I need to meet new people, and I need to get some life experience outside of school and work.

So far, I've had one meeting and I have some numbers to call, so hopefully I can get motivated to call around and get this thing going- it actually looks like a blast, and I can pick and choose exactly what I want to do. If you're interested, their website's here- vinspired.com (although it's england only, sorry!).
(I've just realised I sound like one of those cheesy adverts that tries to 'relate' to teenagers- sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment